15 United States sites
2 to 7 Years
– Patients with sickle cell anemia (SCA) identified at each institution through
International Classification of Diseases 9/10 (ICD-9/ICD-10) codes and local patient
– Patients must have been seen by the designated institution (documented in medical
record) a minimum of two times in the either inpatient or outpatient setting at the
institution between the years of 01/01/2018-12/31/2019.
– Patients identified will include those currently aged 2-7. Thus children born from
2012 and onward.
– Patients already receiving primary or secondary stroke prevention therapy with CRCT
will be included in registration in Web Data Coordination Unit (WEBDCU) but not
included in PROVIDER MINDER as they do not require ongoing TCD/SICKLE STROKE SCREEN
based on protocol.
– Patients who do not have SCA
– Patients who were born before 2012 and therefore do not meet age criteria.