|Yolanda Johnson, MLS|
8 United States sites
1 to 5 Years
1. Diagnosis: sickle cell disease
2. Age: birth-5 years, inclusive
3. Eligible for hydroxyurea (genotype SS, Sβ0Thal or other genotype + clinical
4. Child’s parent, legal guardian, or designated decision maker (caregiver) must
participate in both study visits
5. Child’s parent, legal guardian, or designated decision maker (caregiver) must able to
read, understand, and speak English
1. Parent/legal guardian has previously been approached OR made a decision about whether
to initiate hydroxyurea.
2. Any and all other diagnoses or conditions which, in the opinion of the site
investigator or hematologist, would prevent the patient from being a suitable
candidate for the study.