Vitamin D deficiency may be under-diagnosed in sickle cell disease French children.
Therefore, the investigator need an epidemiologic study about the prevalence of vitamin D
deficiency in this specific population. There are not specific guidelines neither testing nor
treatment. The investigator propose to test vitamin D status in all children with sickle cell
disease who are consulting their referring haematologist doctor or in the emergency ward.
– Children: under 18 years old
– Sickle cell any genetic type homozygous or composite heterozygous
– To receive an assessment independently of the study, during a presentation to the
emergency ward and/or a follow-up consultation by the hematologist
– no parental opposition signed by at least one parent/legal representative and no child
– social security beneficiary
– History of hematologic grafting
Bron, France, Hôpital Femme Mère enfant - Urgences pédiatriques, 69500