|Cindy Clesca, BA|
|Jeffrey Glassberg, MD|
2 United States sites
> 18 Years
– Participants age 18 and older with severe SCD phenotypes (Hb SS and Sβthalassemia0):
– Do not have asthma (see
– Not currently having a painful crisis (as defined by validated pain diary questions)
– Do not have acute respiratory symptoms
– Report of recent ECW (answers “Yes” to any question in Box 1)
– Participant is already medically optimized (i.e. already on maximum dose hydroxyurea
unless contraindicated and not undergoing medication titration).
– Participant screens positive for possible undiagnosed asthma (Box 2)
– Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
– > 15 ED visits for SCD pain over the previous 12 months (due to concern for
multi-factorial pain that may be less responsive to SCD therapies)
– Have been discharged from the hospital within the previous 7 days.