|Christina C Luckett|
1 United States site
18 to 99 Years
Early Phase 1
– Age 18 or greater with a confirmed diagnosis of homozygous sickle cell anemia (HbSS),
sickle cell trait (HbAS), or ethnic-matched healthy volunteer (HbA).
– Normal renal function: creatinine <1.5 mg/dL, proteinuria <1+. - Negative direct antiglobulin test (DAT). - Ability to give informed consent to participate in the protocol..
– Any active chronic illness other than sickle cell disease.
– Active viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infection.
– Consumption of biotin supplements or raw eggs within 30 days.
– Blood loss within the previous 8 weeks >30mL including but not limited by blood
donation, trauma, gastrointestinal bleeding.
– Pre-existing, naturally occurring antibodies against biotin.