|Umut Gurkan, PhD|
|Jane Little, MD|
4 United States sites
3 Nigeria sites
6 to 60 Years
– Fever or hypothermia (Temp ≥38 C or ≤36 C) Plus one of the following (prostration,
excessive crying, poor feeding, altered consciousness, convulsion, difficulty
breathing, profuse vomiting, diarrhea) & rapid breathing (0-2months>60 breaths/min,
3-12months >50 breaths/min, 13- 59 months > 40 breaths /min)
– Provision of signed and dated written informed consent by parent or guardian
– Parent of child chooses to opt out of the study after initial consent.
– Blood transfusion within 3 months of study enrollment.
– Presence of condition or abnormality that in the opinion of the investigator would
compromise the safety of the child or the quality of the data.